Windham/Naples Weather Delay
Help Prevent Fraud
Never give out a one-time pin to someone who contacts you stating they're from Evergreen CU. Sharing a PIN may allow unauthorized access to your Online Banking.
Below are a few common online and email scams.
Beware before you act. Are you making a large cash withdrawal...
- ... due to a Publisher's Clearing House winning?
- ... due to a recent Lottery you "won?"
- ... because the FBI or IRS has called you and threatened to arrest you?
- ... because your granchild called and needs bail money?
- ... because a friend from overseas needs cash to get home?
- ... because you recently got a loan, and they need you to buy gift cards?
- ... because someone "overpaid" you for an item you're selling them?
In these situations, do not proceed with transactions or withdrawals. Many Mainers are targeted by these common scams every year.